30.1.06

My current favorite painting

Ok so here is a close up of that painting I revived that I started early last year, and didn't know what to do with.

I have this Kleenex box I have been carrying around for, honestly 15 or 17 years or so. You can see it in this picture -- it is the scrap you can see directly above the horsehead. You can't really make out what is going on, though....




So, yeah, whatever -- this kleenex box has bad painting of flowers all over it, and I just love it. So I am going to paint the kleenex box flowers all over my horsehead painting.


Yeah, so queen of blurry photos here. This is a rose, in case you couldn't tell.















This is a study I did of a tulip for the painting. I was afraid to paint the tulip, actually--I have never done a tulip. But I just knocked it out in like two hours, super easy.

The rose, on the other hand took about six hours. And I have painted a million roses. I think I may switch to tulips.

This is currently my favorite painting. I am just enjoying working on it. But the one I am working on is always the favorite.

No comments: