25.1.09

knitting fool

So I wanted to get shorter needles, so I wouldn't blind my seatmates on the bus. I thought going to a yarn store would be too dangerous, pocketbookwise, so opted for the closer Michael's in Southcenter. I figured I would dodge some bullets, literally and figuratively; because being the materials snob I am, I figured they would not have yarn good enough to tempt me. This was only partially right, in that it was wrong. They did not have much in the way of good yarn, but what they did have was really tempting. So, Fifty bucks later I left with my new needles and some lovely new yarn.

I also bought some circular needles, which I do not "get". The loopy thing just gets in my way. I think I bought a pair with too long a loopy thing. Perhaps all will come clear in this week's Sn'B. One can only hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so brave!
Okay, sigh on the high end hobby, it is worst than gardening I think.
I realized last week I will still only buy clothes at thrift stores, but find myself outlaying a fortune for a garment that probably will not fit well.

I like the color of your yarn. I'll show you some circular needle fun tomorrow night, it is all so confusing, indeed.