4.4.06

King


king_2
Originally uploaded by yvettef.
Scott and I have finally gotten a dog. Officially, we are fostering him; but I am sure we are going to adopt him. His name is King and he is a white German Shepherd. He is so calm around the cats, he is interested in them but not in 'that' way. I was worried the cats would turn into puffed up hissing balls of teeth and claws, but they just puff up a bit, and eventually just walk away.



king_1
Originally uploaded by yvettef.
He is very big, around 90 lbs, and he needs to gain about 5-7 more pounds. He is a bit thin because he has been at a kennel for the last 6 months where he was in doggy daycare every day. So he ran around all day every day with a bunch of other dogs. We are hoping that with a little less exercise we can put some weight on him.

I just love him. He knows all his obedience commands, we just have to catch up to what he knows, and stay consistent, so he won's backslide.

He's a champ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YaY! Congratulations! He sure is handsome.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! That is awesome. See what happens when I don't look at your site. You will be busy- he looks like a sweetie!