22.4.08

I got a lot to say, but...

So my entry on cultural vampirism re: the "cheers" signoff was wildly satisfying. I loved writing it, and posting it was so cathartic; that is until someone I like responded by saying "oh I do that -- maybe I should stop." ((sheepishly) Hi Hillary!)

What I mean to say is you should cut it out if I don't like you.

yeah, I'm weak.

I would like to post even more rants -- for example, my ravings about the normalization of millitarism through fashion. Camo print rompers, anyone? What sort of sick mind thinks it is okay to dress an INFANT in clothes that were designed to help people KILL people? In what alternate universe is that acceptable??? Not to mention Pink cammo print sexy tank tops & etc -- Sex and Death anyone? Well I refuse to participate. They are making it NORMAL for people in uniforms to be on our streets. And don't get me started on the freaking HUMMER!?!? (What kind of profoundly retarded idiots do you think we are, with that double entendre??)... (blink)

Uh, this is supposed to be about why I am not so comfortable posting my crazy rants. So if you are a friend of mine, and have decorated your nursery with a camoflage crib set, you get a pass...Oh who am I kidding? you need to stop that right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah ha, the sign off "cheers" is rampant at the Burke, and no we don't get extra happy hours. Its all true.
Now about those damn hummers.