13.3.07

Ladette to Lady

Oh my god, one of my very favorite TV shows Ladette to Lady is casting for Spring 2007.

It's a series from ITV1 but in the states it airs on The Sundance Channel and is about taking eight British binge-drinking floozies, and putting them through Eggelston Hall Finishing School. Here is a sample of some of these delightful girls:



Seriously, these girls are vile. I thought I was wild when I was in my twenties, but no.

The school's teachers are every bit as prissy and nit-picky as you would imagine (but in a good way).

Ironically enough, for as exacting as the teachers are, the website is riddled with mistakes. And no, I don't mean "Colour" instead of "color" I mean:

Iin addition to preparing for the Ball...

and
Wearing dresses they have made Eggleston Hall...


Seriously, do these people need a web designer / content manager?
Because I could move to London and help them out with that. No problem.

Maybe I should just apply to be on the show. Maybe they wouldn't notice I was a forty-something married lady who falls asleep at 10:01 pm.

But I would love to take the classes they have the ladettes take in the show: deportment, elocution,(whatever) sewing, flower arranging, etiquette and cookery.

Here is the schedule for the reruns of the new season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I just had a chance to view the clip, that is amazing and vile stuff,the Brits win! Damn it no Sundance for moi, much better than the programming we have on regular old television!