17.5.07

My favorite things

I was just lurking visiting over at Crazy Aunt Purl's blog, and she spends this entry talking about her favorite things. This got me thinking about what my favorite things are. The things that just make me happy. Now since we are talking things here, the biggies on my happy list, like Scott, and my family and my kitty cats, and my dog don't count.

Now, I have been really trying to have a carpe deim attitude lately, so I thought I would make a top 5 list what makes me happy.

In no particular order:

  1. My garden. I try to spend 5 minutes every morning, when it is not raining, being in my garden - seeing what new has bloomed, and appreciating how beautiful it is. No bad thoughts are allowed. I can't worry over why not a single Calla Lilly came up, and neither has my anxiously awaited Mrs Black. Oh well.

  2. My sparkly glasses. Mine are the ones on the upper right.

  3. Survivor. Seriously, I love this show. The guy I want to win always gets voted out at the last minute, (Yau-Man! I loved him!) But Earl winning was okay. And Dreamz back-stabbing was excellent! Even though it was Yau he stabbed.

  4. My palm pilot. More specifically the scrabble game on my palm pilot.

    edit: Okay I cannot believe I didn't think of this yesterday, but definitely one thing that is making me very happy right now is our new floor. And there is even more of it now, as Scott has finished the Kitchen. I need to get a picture of that.

  5. Teh innernets. How did I live without Wikipedia? and lol cats? (And Zappos and craigslist and ebay and cruel and blogs and email and google maps...)


These are not necessarily the top five things - although I think they are. Just five things I can think of that make me happy.

No comments: