14.5.07

Still in the running toward becoming America's next top model.


So, I tried Dakota for a week - I would have liked to have had him a little longer, but his owner person had a vet appointment and farrier for him this Thursday, so she said if I didn't want him she needed him back before then.

He and I were just starting to get to know each other, and in fact I think had a major breakthrough the night before he went back home. I was supposed to have him until Sunday, but when I told the owner lady on friday I wanted to send him home, she wanted to come and get him the next morning at 8:00am. She was pretty pissed off at me, which was unfair of her I think -- I told her I had wanted to try another horse -- it didn't mean I was not going to get Dakota... But the more I think about it, the more I think I am just done with that whole thing...

I mean I could only try him a week, she was selling him with him needing shots and ferrier, she did not listen when I told her I wanted to try a couple of horses - Did she really think I was going to keep a horse needing a vet check and shoes? No, I am going to send him back, let her pay for that stuff; think about it and then (maybe) realize I liked him better than the other horses and buy him. I tried to tell her cute stories about the adventures we had had that week, but geeze, she was cold and just shut me right down.

OH and not only THAT but when she brought Dakota down to the barn I am boarding at, I bought three bales of hay from her, so he would still be on the same feed duringn the trial. Then, when she came to get him she TOOK THE HAY THAT WAS LEFT BACK. I paid for that hay! But she had a serious stick up her butt, and I decided it was not worth it to make her unload my hay. Besides, I just wanted her gone. Keep the damn hay. Dakota was a good horse, though.

So, what does that have to do with the picture of the horse at the top of the page?

Well, I am next going to try Rocket, and he looks like a super model. He is 17 hands high and only 4 years old. It would not be out of the question for him to top out at 17.2hh. I have only ridden him once, and he acted out a bit then, but there were very extenuating circumstances ( first time in this particular covered arena, had not been ridden for eight weeks, and was on super hot feed, sort of accidentally.)

It does not look like it in the picture, but his black socks are well above the knee and hock. Sexy. And the cornrows don't hurt.

No comments: