4.11.10

First Show - preparation.

Another excellent lesson last night. We primarily worked on transitions with poles and fences. Trot pole, halt. Trot 2-3 steps, jump. We are learning ride to the base, pat the ground, rock back, snappy little jump. Kip of course is getting is quickly. We also rode our dressage test.

Kip and I are going to our first show on Saturday, the Dressage Schooling show at Donida. We are going to be doing Training Level 1 - twice. So my ride times are 12:22 and 12:46. My number is 94. Numerologically speaking, that is "4" which is a practical and organized number. I am good with that. (For an atheist, I am so superstitious. Embarrassing.)

Our goal at this show is just to have fun. Kip is going to be very distracted, and i am sure the judge's stand is going to be very scary. But I am just going to ride, what ever horse I have and have a good time.

Since our ride times are late, I am hoping we can get there with plenty of time to settle in, and have a good look around before warming up and riding. Heidi, who is going with me rides at 1:52 and 2:56, so we won't be leaving until after her scores are posted and tests released, so I am thinking around 4:00 probably.

Training Level 1 test:

Enter at A brisk trot
halt at X, salute
Track Right at C
At E circle
between K and A, Right Canter
Circle at B
Between X and B, Trot
at C, Medium walk
HXF free walk
at F medium walk
Trot at A
at E Circle
between H and C Canter left lead
at B circle
Between X and B, trot
At A turn down the centerline
at X halt, salute.

No comments: