5.11.10

This week has been so long, how is it there is still one day to go?

I was so excited to go to dinner and then on the artwalk with Scott last night that yesterday totally felt like Friday.

But alas, it was not and I still have an entire day to get through before the show tomorrow. I am very excited and not nervous at all, at least yet. I figure there is nothing to get nervous about as there is nothing at stake. Exactly what a schooling show is supposed to be.

I have done exactly zero to prepare for this. I still have to clean my saddle, bridle and boots, launder the breeches and jacket I am going to wear, pack my show kit, go shopping for food (no concession stand at this show -- which is fine because all they sell is crap anyway). Not to mention Kip will be a dirtball with his shaggy coat and love of rolling on to his back and grinding the dirt in from his poll to his dock. Oh, andt he also has rain scald. I have laundered my saddle pad, so that is something.

Oh well, what ever I get done will be done. I am just really looking forward to the ride. Fun!!

No comments: